IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN IMMERSION BLENDER, YOU CAN PUREE THE PEA MIXTURE IN A STANDARD BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR.
SERVINGS: SERVES 4-6 AS AN APPETIZER
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh shelled peas (or frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Baguette rounds
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the peas and 3⁄4 cup water. (Note: No water necessary if you’re using frozen peas.) Cover and bring to a boil. Cook about 3 minutes; drain off liquid.
- Add tahini, mint, and goat cheese. Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Chill at least 30 minutes. Serve atop baguette rounds, with a garnish of goat cheese and a small mint leaf.