These cauliflower ‘wings’ are a vegetarian-friendly game day snack. Packed with lots of zesty, garlicky flavor utilizing a local hot sauce, these wings come together quickly and are sure to please and feed a crowd. Follow @edibleblueridge to see a play-by-play of the recipe.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
½ cup all purpose flour
3 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons paprika
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup water
¼-⅓ cup hot sauce (we recommend Fermented Fire Hot Sauce Co.’s Riveracha)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Blue Cheese Dippin’ Sauce and celery sticks, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add water and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Add cauliflower and toss to coat with batter.
- Spread cauliflower on lined baking sheet and bake until cauliflower is slightly browned, 25-30 minutes, flipping cauliflower once halfway through baking to ensure it is evenly browned.
- While the cauliflower bakes, combine butter, hot sauce and lemon in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Brush baked cauliflower with buffalo sauce until evenly coated. Return to oven and bake until cauliflower starts to brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with blue cheese sauce and celery sticks.
Blue Cheese Dippin’ Sauce
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup Duke’s mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve alongside wings or pizza.